Well, let me show you how to do that and not only be sincere, but be seen as sincere.
- Be certain to pinpoint what it is that you are perfect at…..and that’s not everything.
- Narrow down anything you might be perfect at to an understandable concept.
- Be very specific.
- Have solid backup information if the person wants to know more.That might be representative cases you have handled or writings you have done on the subject or anything else that shows you are competent.
- Don’t begin the conversation with how perfect you are. Find out about the needs of the person you are talking to and sculpt your skills to match (if appropriate).
- Remember, CONFIDENCE is a magic quality which makes you persuasive.
- If you know you can help the potential client, then let him/her know that by telling him/her you can not only be of service but your attributes and skills fit “perfectly” with his/her needs.
Let’s look at some examples and see how this works:
I’m the perfect lawyer for prosperous business clients with either significant problems or who want expert help in forming and growing their businesses while avoiding the legal pitfalls facing all entrepreneurs.
( This is following an attorney’s mission statement because he/she is looking for high end business clients who are starting or growing their business)
I’m the perfect lawyer for clients who want expert help in establishing a long term estate plan to insure that their assets continue to grow and are divided at their death according to their wishes.
(Obviously a wealthy management/probate/wills attorney who if offering services to high end clients)
I’m the perfect lawyer for clients who are facing a downturn in their resources and need to re establish their financial future.
(A consumer/bankruptcy attorney and business attorney wanting to help clients who are facing financial challenges)
I’m the perfect lawyer for clients who want advice and support when applying for Social Security benefits and want to avoid the legal pitfalls facing all applicants.
(This attorney does not only want to help the client through the Social Security systems but wants to give advice that will keep them out of danger)
NOW COMPLETE THIS:
I’m the perfect lawyer for .
END NOTE: This not only works when you are talking to an actual potential client but also when you are giving information to possible referral sources. In this way the referral source can see the kind of client you are looking for as well as exactly what service you can provide…..perfectly.